Up until a week ago I’d never been to Disneyland before, but I I got to enjoy it for 3 days during the Cars 3 Event in Anaheim and I can’t wait to tell you all about it!!
Experiencing a Summer of Heroes at Disneyland!!
When I say experience it I mean I got to enjoy a bunch of the special entertainment and limited-time experiences that are a part of the Summer of Heroes – where Super Hero stories are coming to life in Hollywood Land.
In addition to these experiences the brand new attraction Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT is now open.
More about Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- The attraction will feature more than 2,200 props from and inspired by the Super Hero universe and six ride profiles, each paired with a pop song inspired by the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films’ soundtracks.
- An 8-foot-tall, gilded statue of The Collector, Taneleer Tivan, greets guests at the entrance to this thrilling new attraction. He is depicted holding an Orloni (a small rodent-like creature, native to Morag).
- The Collector’s imposing Fortress looms over the skyline at Disney California Adventure at 183 Terran (Earth) feet high.
- Tivan’s Oasis, also known as the “Gardens of the Galaxy,” features nearly 60 plant species with shrubs, trees and potted plants decorating the attraction queue.
As you can tell some of us liked this ride a little more than others – personally I LOVED it!! Scary YES, but oh so fun!
Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off
After the ride I have to say that the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off was probably my next favorite event in Hollywood Land where Star-Lord and Gamora power up a rousing dance off, backed by rock and roll classics from Peter Quill’s beloved boom box.
I’d heard about the dance off before heading to Disneyland and was really glad to be able to catch it.
After the dance off my good friend Donna and I got to meet Groot. This was so much fun and waiting in line was well worth it. It amazes me how someone in a costume of that size is able to interact with fans (both young and old) and create such amazing memories.
Groot got a kick out of my shirt but was sure to remind me, again and again, that (in his words); “I am Groot!!”
You can also enjoy Heroic Encounters with Spider-Man and Captain America in Hollywood Land.
- The friendly neighborhood web-slinger Spider-Man swoops in from New York City. As guests meet with Spider-Man, they will notice the area features nods to the Daily Bugle, the newspaper where Peter Parker is a photographer.
- Captain America, considered the First Avenger, flexes his strength for guests, wielding a special shield made of the precious metal vibranium, found in the African nation of Wakanda. Guests will encounter Captain America outside a New York Police Station, decked out in red, white and blue bunting.
After all of these adventures and rides you will be hungry and thirsty and luckily for us the folks at Disneyland have thought about this too. Bringing us;
Heroic Food and Beverage
- Dishes and drinks in lively colors of green, purple, red, blue and orange reflect the bold personalities of some favorite Super Heroes.
- Guests will find Super Hero-inspired eats at six different locations in the Hollywood Land area, including Schmoozies, Award Wieners and Market Place.
- Guests may try a variety of new dishes and fun, themed beverages, each with a Summer of Heroes theme.
- Inspired by baby Groot, the new dessert Angry Little Pudding Cup features chocolate pudding with crumbled chocolate sandwich cookie, whipped cream and funnel cake fries.
- Guests who enjoy the Mickey-shaped sourdough bread available in Disney California Adventure will want to check out the fun, new Groot-shaped sourdough and jalapeno breads.
- The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy, a must-try, are inspired by the fiery personality of Gamora, featuring barbacoa, green onion slaw and habanero salsa.
Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout! Food Tour made by my blogging friend Sarah Mock of Savoring the Good – take a look to see the food in action;
I have made memories I’ll never forget at Disneyland and I know your family will enjoy it as much as I did!! Head over to their social media outlets to keep up to date on all the fun and excitement as it happens;