BABYBJÖRN is your go to Potty Training Product supplier!! It’s true – Gradie is exactly 1 week shy of 2 years old and we’ve started introducing a potty to her. At first she thought it was a great toy, she took the insert out of the potty and tried it out as a hat and stood inside the shell of the potty. Now that we’ve been at it a few weeks she understands what the potty is used for and while she is definitely not potty trained yet, she is really starting to grasp the concept of the potty.
Below is a cute photo of Gradie sitting on her potty, it is in our living room and she’s fully clothed (we do not post photos of her in any state off undress, I am sure you can understand), but by having the potty around has really eased the process for us.
She knows what it is called, she brings it into the bathroom when Jeanna and I need to go, we all know you can’t have alone time with a toddler, right? Besides for not pushing our potty training agenda on her, we also followed some of these great potty training tips, from Dr. Kelly, a pediatrician at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital.
- Most children can be ready to start potty training between 18-24 months. Children will train easier before 24 months; some can become willful after that point.
- Both the family and the child need to be ready. Review the signs of readiness and make a plan with your significant other.
- If your child is having trouble, stop for 2-4 weeks and then try to restart (this one we found extremely useful, toddler’s can be rather stubborn, and if they’re not ready, they’re just not ready)
- Find a time when you can be around during the week to start potty training. Summer vacations or holidays are the best times.
- If your child has a certain area of the house he/she prefers to go potty in, it might be a good idea to get a portable potty, like BABYBJÖRN’s Potty Chair, and let him/her try that.
- Put the portable potty chair in a room where the child typically plays to help them get used to the idea (like we put Gradie’s potty chair in the living room).
This tip is the one I’ve heard the most often when asking my mommy friends what their number 1 tip is when it comes to potty training.
- To help keep them dry at night, stop liquids 2-3 hours after dinner, depending on your child’s bedtime.
As I mentioned above the BABYBJÖRN Potty Chair is our GO TO Potty. We also made sure the same potty is available at Papa and Grandma’s house, consistency is key. In addition to the Potty Chair, we also received and are introducing the BABYBJÖRN Toilet Trainer. It’s so cute – it’s a baby sized toilet seat and Gradie refers to it as “Gradie’s Toilet”. She’s so very proud of it, I think she’ll get this potty training thing down, with time and patience.
The Toilet Trainer is really easy to use, fits most toilets and only needs to be adjusted once. After that it easily and safely rests on the toilet seat every time, your little one can even put it on and take it off themselves, Gradie does, and she’s a small almost 2 year old. If all of that isn’t enough it is made from BPA-free plastic and has a splashguard to prevent spills.
I said that Gradie is able to put on and take off her toilet trainer herself, but I should mention that she does this while using the BABYBJÖRN Step Stool. It’s lower then a usual adult sized step stool and therefore it’s perfect for your little one to use as they need to reach the sink to wash their hands and of course to reach the toilet while potty training.
This step stool is very lightweight and easy for your little one to move it around as needed. While it is lightweight it is still extremely strong, we have actually been using ours for my mother to boost her up to get into my truck while she visits us. While using it outside of the home it has gotten dirty, but that was no problem to clean up with a cloth and a bit of soap. We definitely recommend this step stool for your family.
You can buy all of these BABYBJÖRN products on AMAZON.COM ranging in price from $14 to $27 – extremely reasonable prices to pay for such high quality products!! I encourage you to head over NOW and order YOURS!! (Eligible for Prime shipping if you have a Prime membership).
I am sure you already do, but if not, follow BABYBJÖRN via their social media outlets, you won’t miss any promotions and new products that way;
The kind people over at BABYBJÖRN are sponsoring a Potty Training Prize Package giveaway where a lucky winner will receive the three great products I have referenced above.
Click HERE to head over and enter TODAY!!!