Vanilla M&M Cupcakes
with M&M Buttercream Frosting
A fun twist on cupcakes. Make these M&M Cupcakes for your next celebration, they’re bound to be a huge hit!!
- 1/2 C butter, room temp
- 2 egg whites, room temp
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 C all- purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 C buttermilk
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C milk chocolate different colored M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcakes tins with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder,salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat butter on medium-high for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla to the butter, beat until combined.
- Add egg whites and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one is added.
- Alternate the flour and buttermilk mixture, beating on low speed until everything is mixed together.
- Add M&M’s stirring to mix well.
- Scoop the batter into the lined cupcake tins until they are 2/3 rds filled.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake tray and place on wire racks allowing to cool completely.
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Bag of milk chocolate M&M candies
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then….
- Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time…. mix well.
- Test to make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the #15 tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- Sprinkle different colored M&M’s on top of the frosted cupcakes.