While this is the last month of Summer vacation for a lot of kids in the USA there is still plenty of time to go on some fun and action packed road trips. Did you know that this years Memorial Day weekend marked the highest travel volume in 10 years?
That is a lot of families out and about on the roads as they head to the summer vacation destinations. This also means a lot of children who are in car seats, convertible car seats, and booster seats.
This is why I am excited to be able to work with Safety 1st this summer to share with you summer travel safety tips and also to tell you all about the brand new Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 convertible car seat. Its rear and forward facing from 5 – 100 pounds! That’s right – 100 pounds this seat truly does grow with your child!! Before we go into just how great this convertible car seat is lets go over those safety tips, to help keep you and your family safe this summer!!
Oh The Places You’ll Go – Travel Safety This Summer
By Safety 1st
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 75% of car seats on the road are installed incorrectly. Here are some easy tips to think about before hitting the road.
- The safest place to install a car seat is typically in the center of the rear seat.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) advises parents to keep their toddlers in rear-facing car seats until age 2. It also advises that most children will need to ride in a belt-positioning booster seat until they have reached 4 feet 9 inches tall and are between 8 and 12 years of age.
- Check in with a local Child Passenger Safety Technician to ensure your child’s seat is installed correctly. You can visit a local police station, fire station, AAA office or Safe Kids Chapter for guidance.
Where is Baby?
- It may seem like common sense but never, leave a child alone in the car. Hyperthermia is a severe form of heat stroke and last year 30 children died after being left or trapped in a hot vehicle. You can learn more about this issue and easy tips to prevent it here.
Safeguard the Car
- Just as important as safe guarding your home, don’t forget about the car. Especially on long road trips. It’s important to eliminate projectiles, anything in the car that is not secured is a possible projectile. That could be a child’s toy, wet nap container, or a water bottle. In a crash, objects take on greater weight due to crash forces.
- Make sure unused shoulder belts are not in reach of children as they can pose strangulation risk.
Car Seats Expire
- Car seats expire. Especially if you get a hand-me-down car seat you should always check the expiration date to confirm the seat is safe for your child. You can find the expiration date on the back or the side of the car seat. Also, another very important tip – once a car seat has been in a crash you should not use it, plastic can warp and materials can fray. To properly dispose of a car seat check with your local waste management facility to see if they recycle number 5 plastic.
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 convertible car seat
Look how happy Gradie is to be in her brand new car seat. What you can’t see is how happy her mom’s are too!! There are numerous features of the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat that I am excited to share with you. As you all know I love products that grow with our kids, products that help us save money are always a plus in my book. This car seat is one of those products, it goes from a rear-facing car seat to a forward-facing car seat and then you can use it as a belt-positioning booster seat. Talk about growing with your child!!
- Use as a rear-facing car seat for babies from five to 40 lbs.
- Forward-facing car seat is great for little ones from 22 to 65 lbs.
- Convert to a booster seat to accommodate children from 40 to 100 lbs.
When in use with an infant you will use the Grow and Go with the baby body pillows to keep baby snug and safe. These body pillows are then easily removed as your child outgrows the need to use them.
The Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat has a Quick-Fit™ Harness System that allows you to change both the headrest and harness heights with one step to ensure your child is properly fitted in their seat. Another really fun feature is the integrated harness holders – gone are the days of fishing for the belts along with trying to get your child into their seat – I love it!!
One thing with babies and toddlers is that they sure can be messy but with this car seat the pad on the seat is machine washable and dryer safe and designed to be easily removed with no need to remove the harness.
For all ages, the car seat pad makes cleanup simple. Machine washable and dryer safe, it is also designed to come off the seat easily, with no need to remove the harness. Below are some more pictures of the great features of the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 convertible car seat;
The Safety 1st Grow and Go will be the first and last car seat parents and caregivers will need, making it simple to keep your little one safe in the backseat. The Grow and Go is exclusively available for $169.99 at Babies ‘R’ Us.
While you’re online check out their Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram pages that way you’ll stay informed of new product developments and promotions.
NOW if you would like to WIN a Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat for the little one in your life all you have to do is click HERE to enter this awesome giveaway – kindly sponsored by the great people over at Safety 1st!!